As I sit here upon finishing this video, I’m still shaking my head trying to make sense of all the different thoughts and feelings I have about it. So I’ll just stream it all out here.
• The 2013 footage was filmed by my friend Jeff Rocker. Thanks to him that odd session was captured.
• That 2013 visit we were there as guests of Tyra Newsome and her group In Nomine Paranormal Research. She was the investigator having the coughing spell.
• The Waverly volunteer that led that ’13 session was Mike Flickner of Southern Indiana Ghost Hunters. It was his familiarity with the entity named Timmy that brought that spirit box session alive, and left my mind blown.
• Were these events at all connected to the experience we had on 06/26/16? Well, there were enough similarities that I felt strongly about compiling them and sharing. As with most paranormal theory, it cannot really be proven that a ghost named Timmy was the culprit. Regardless, my experience has framed it as a great possibility.
• It was great getting to prowl around Waverly with April Slaughter. She seemed very much in her natural element. It was so insightful listening to her approach, manner, and questions regarding spirit communication. To learn more about her and her work, visit www.aprilslaughter.com.
• I’ve never bought into or have considered myself a “hunter” of famous ghosts. I’ve always went into every location completely open to the moment without expectation based upon the haunted folklore. But this visit to Waverly has opened my eyes to those narratives just a bit. Not only can the tales have substance, but maybe your personal experience will place you in their story.
• Hearing the disembodied growls from the second floor during our EchoVox session still gives me the chills. To reiterate, that growling came from the hallway, not the device speaker. Then shortly afterward the EchoVox grrrr’d back at us, almost to reaffirm that we needed to acknowledge the growling. Was it a warning?